The Classic Inca trail is something that a lot of people dreamt about. If you are amongst those who want to explore the Inca Trail and see the sights of this comprehensive trail in reality, then we will provide you with all necessary details and guide that will make your Inca trail in 2021 the most memorable and fun – be ready for it!
The Inca trail allows people of all the ages to hike for 2 to 4 days with a licensed tour operator. However, the trail is friendly for intermediate to advanced level trekkers.
But don’t worry after reading this complete guide about Inca trail even a novice will be able to complete their biggest dream and pass through different impressive Inca ruins and incredible sceneries devoid of any trouble.
If you are ready, just pull your socks to learn about it and rock the trail!
1. Choosing the Right Gears and Inca Trailer Essentials
Inca trail is challenging as it takes in some harsh terrains and weather conditions which are uncommon. But it’s ok! As long as you carry high quality and durable packing ideas, you will be able to complete the Inca trail on your boots.
- Always choose excellent and thick hiking socks and shoes that feel comfortable and suits you best.
- For the jacket, choose 3 in 1 – which is waterproof, windproof and comfy. You need several thick layers to protect your body from cold.
- Last but not the least, carry off well-designed hiking bag . Something that distributes weight well and has mesh pockets for extra storage.
Apart from that do not forget to carry other essential accessories and equipment. Like walking stick, gloves, scarf, sun hat, hydration tablets, loads of food, high-quality sleeping bag, camera cash, and your passport.
2. Acclimatizing for High – Altitude Trekking
Inca trail is typically trickier – it can give you harsher terrains, and steeper ascents. Due to rough and thin air, trekkers can experience a lot of exertion.
Many times high altitude affects people resulting in typical symptoms of altitude sickness like fatigues, headaches, nausea.
If you too struggle with the higher altitude treks, we advise you to first build some strength and step training into your regular daily routine. When it comes to ascends and descends on the Inca trail, they come with uneven staircases and path.
In addition, it is vital to building a cardiovascular system and whole-body strength to trail and carry about 8 kg of hiking bag on your shoulder.
Some Important Inca Trail Tip:
- Before you set out to explore the Inca trail drink plenty of water, avoid consumption of alcohol, carry food that contains carbohydrates, take coca leaves and take some altitude sickness tablet.
- When we talk about trekking, you must make sure to keep things easy, take breaks, and believe in yourself.
- Without any question, Inca trail is an excellent opportunity to challenge your abilities and overcome mental anxieties.
3. Importance of Inca Trail Permits
Yes, anyone who wants to visit Machu Picchu National Park indeed has to hike along Inca trail. Everyone has to carry permit for two days, four day or seven days hikes.
Inca Trail permits are issued by license tour operator which acts as a controlled way to access Machu Picchu National Park and enjoying the trail with the limited number of people.
Note: Permits are provided or available on the first come first serve basis so if you are learning to explore the Inca trail in 2021 may cure reservations to beat the crowd and hike peacefully in a post-global pandemic.
4. Important Things about the Inca Trail Hike
The Inca trail begins in the Sacred Valley and has one direction only.
Here, you don’t need to worry as the trail is not a technical hike but an uneven path of rough cobbles and steep switchbacks. Even none experienced can begin their trek by planning their day from the beginning and carrying latest high tech equipment.
In line with the experts, altitude affects every person in a different way, and there is no such way to adapt in advance. So, experts advise on planning your hike trail (or solo) now only because 2021 gives importance to reservations and corona free ambience.